Serves: 4 People
- 8-inch piece wakame
- 1 medium onion, cut into long strips
- 1 medium daikon radish, cut into half moons
- ½ block tofu, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 5 cups water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Wash wakame, soak for 5 minutes or until softened and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Add veggies, wakame, tofu and water to a pot and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove ½ cup of liquid from the pot and stir in the miso to dissolve.
- Return miso mixture to pot, reduce heat to very low and cook 2-3 more minutes. Do not boil.
- Garnish with chopped scallion.