- 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil or cacaobutter
- ½ cup nut and/or seed butter. We use pumpkin seed butter, sunflower seed butter, almond butter, cashew butter or smooth peanut butter. (Check them to make sure they have no added sugar or salt)
- 2 Tbsp manuka honey
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 pinch of celtic salt
- Optional - 1 scraping of vanilla bean seeds
- Optional - a handful of chopped apricots, slivered almonds or other dried fruit or nuts
- This is a devine treat, made from whole foods and is dairy, egg, grain, gluten, sugar and wheat free. It can be made nut free if required as well - just change the nut/seed butter option. Enjoy! (Just remember, it is high in calories so keep the pieces small...)
- On a very low heat, melt the honey, coconut oil and nut/seed butter together (and the vanilla bean if you are using it). Do not boil.
- Stir in the cacao powder and the pinch of salt. whisk until smooth and take off the heat.
- Pour into a small slice tin lined with baking paper (stick the paper to the tin with a smear of oil).
- Sprinkle on your choice of nuts or fruit and pat gently into the mixture.
- Place the tin into the freezer for 1-2 hours to set. Make sure it is kept level.
- When set, remove from the freezer. Carefully peel off the baking paper (easier to do once it has had a couple of minutes at room temperature). Break the slab into small pieces using your hands.
- Recipe makes around 24-30 small pieces.
- Note: Needs to be kept in the fridge or freezer because it melts at room temperature. Take out to eat as needed.