- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 cups of pitted dates
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped small
- ¼ cup dark 70% chocolate (Whittakers Dark Ghana is excellent) chopped into small pieces or chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- This recipe creates a lovely treat rich in omega 3-containing nuts and seeds as well as anti-oxidant rich fruits and chocolate. It is gluten, wheat, dairy, egg and grain free. Great for school lunch boxes!
- How to Make
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the coconut.
- Blend in a food processor until fairly smooth.
- Roll the mixture into balls using your hands.
- Roll the balls in coconut and place on a tray that can go in the fridge.
- Refrigerate until firm, and then store in the fridge in an airtight container.