Serves: 4 People
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 4 chicken breasts cut into 2-inch chunks
- ½ teaspoons turmeric
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- ½ teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- 10 pitted prunes
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- ½ cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan and sauté onions on low heat until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken, spices and water to pan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes.
- Chicken should be cooked all the way through but should not be dried out. (Cut a piece open to check.)
- Add prunes and cook another 5 minutes, until they get soft and saturated with juice.
- If desired top with toasted sesame seeds and chopped parsley.